- Upload & Updates
- Updates Archive
- March 30, 2015, 1:27 pm CDT
March 30, 2015, 1:27 pm CDT
The site has been completely re-written using a new framework to better accomodate new features and functions that people have been requesting the last couple of years. Many of them were too difficult to implement in the old framework. I had originally planned on getting this update done in February as Feb 11th was the site's 10th anniversary (original post), however re-writing the code to read and modify save files took much longer than I expected and the last few months have had many setbacks.
Many of these new features, mainly save modifications and safe info (checklists and stats) are thanks to the work and research of OrionSR, SpaceEinstein, Seemann, thehambone, khsh97, hmvartak and Paul Breeuwsma, as well as anyone else who has contributed to the Save pages on the GTAModding Wiki. Special thanks go out to OrionSR, who worked with me over the last few months to gather the info I needed to make these features possible.
For feedback, please use this topic: http://gtaforums.com/topic/766516-%E2%98%85-looking-for-gtasnpcom-feedback/?p=1067188996
Here is the list of changes.
- Upload page
- Uploader now supports drag and drop on most browsers and degrades to an old-style upload form for older browsers.
- Uploader no longer requires specific file names. Game and platform is determined by file content now.
- Updates are now archived like a normal/blog site. (I was lazy before and just manually editted the page for every update.)
- New save IDs (old ones will continue to work) that allow for custom urls (eg. http://gtasnp.com/sams-starter-save). This is primarily for permanent saves and must be requested.
- Preferences page
- Your set of preferences can now be used on multiple computers/devices using a URL that can also be used to restore preferences if they are lost.
- Preferences are now game/platform-specific:
- Auto-slot select
- BBCode fields
- Default save modifications (conversions, glitch fixes, etc)
- Help pages
- About page updated
- List of supported games added
- Per-game information added, such as where to find save files, explanations for modifications, etc
- Resources page added, links to various stuff
- Save Download/Info pages
- GXT color codes are now parsed in mission/save names (eg. ~g~ turns the text green)
- Permanent saves actually say "Expires: Never" now instead of 2038.
- GTA San Andreas
- Modifications available
- Various v1/v2 conversions
- Various glitch fixes
- Custom save name
- Mobile 1.06+ (Android/Windows Store)
These changes could not be applied to pre-1.06 (iOS and older Android/WS) due to save format differences.
- 100% checklist added
- General stats added
- Same modifications as PC, except for a few that don't apply to Mobile such as v1/v2 conversions
- PS2 v1/v2
- Same features as Mobile 1.06+
- v1 and v2 detection (no conversion though)
- GTA III
- Detection and separation of PC, iOS and Android saves
- General stats added
- 100% Checklist added
- Custom save name modifcations added
- GTA VC
- Detection and conversion of Retail and Steam versions for PC
- Same features as GTA III
- GTA IV
More updates may be coming soon. I had a lot more planned, but as the above took longer and longer, I decided to set aside some ideas that would take a large amount of time themselves. Hopefully basic support for GTA V will be added within a week after it's release, assuming the saves can be be shared.